A couple of things before getting to Part II of Autoimmunity 8 natural treatments.
I have heard two things that keep resonating with me in the after math of the Boston Marathon tragedy.
1. Quote from awesome author, Ann Voskamp, “..life on this side of the race is hard right to the finish.”
Gosh, the bombing was quite a literal display of this quote. We live life the best we know how and no matter, no matter, it is hard til the dying day. Very difficult. I choose to look at all the trials I come up against as a preparation and testing, if you will, for my life everlasting. Otherwise, the life can be too daunting and overwhelming. And I would really be questioning its purpose.
2. I have to paraphrase this next one from our pastor at church this past week since it was not a written word. Our country has become a “culture of death”. We make it legal for mothers to kill their children( at the mind-boggling rate of 3500 a day), yet we are astounded, angered, violated, etc when someone chooses an action that inflicts pain and death on innocent people of this country. Could that be a tad hypocritical? How can we expect things to change when we have legalized murder in the country?
Woah. When you put it that way…. What would it look like if this country lined up 3500 innocent folks a day and did away with them? The country would probably look like deep pain and heartbreak. And in many, many cases, despair. Hmmm. That has an eerily resemblance of what I see in the news. Excruciating, isn’t it?
Ok, back to task at hand….
Autoimmunity is closely related to chronic illness. When we have an autoimmune disease we will suffer chronically in one way or another.
Feeling healthy is the key right?
1. Check for hidden infections with the help of a doctor. But don’t just rely on medicine if you want to get to root of cause. Lifestyle changes have HUGE impact on wellness.
2. Check for hidden food allergens. Food selection can be the solution. Try the “Elimination Diet” where your body can be the judge. And remove chemicals and processed foods from your diet. Research the GAPS diet and/or the Paleo diet.
3. Get tested for Celiac Disease.
4. Get tested for heavy metal toxicity.